Friday, July 1, 2011

The Long Island Iced Tea

Happy Friday, friends!  In just a few short hours Sequel and I will be dashing down the shore to spend the weekend with the Prince and Little Miss Summertime, and a few other characters.  

I love summer weekends down the shore. I have realized, though, that I can't quite party like I used to.  Last weekend, after a few glasses of wine and one (seriously, ONE) Long Island Iced Tea I looked like this...


That's me, sitting on my kitchen floor attempting to decode the directions on a box of Celeste Frozen Pizza.  Apparently "Microwave 2 Minutes" was too difficult for me to comprehend at that hour.  Thank you to Little Miss Summertime for the excellent photo skills.  

The next day was a bit of a struggle.  And by a bit I mean A LOT.  I was reminded of this quote from Gilmore Girls; maybe you can relate?

"Honey, someday when you're a little older you will be introduced to something that is extremely seductive but fickle. A fair-weather friend who seems benign but packs a wallop like a donkey kick, and that is the Long Island iced tea. The Long Island iced tea makes you do things that you normally wouldn't do, like lifting your skirt in public or calling someone you normally wouldn't call at really weird times."
        - a hungover Lorelai warns Rory, "Red Light on the Wedding Night"
For the record; I did not lift my skirt.  Nor did I call someone I wouldn't.  But I did regret that drink, big time.  I was obscenely hungover that Sunday.  I was reminded of the "Open Letter to Alcohol," I shared a few weeks ago.  I drank my water, I ate my pizza, I even walked home from the bar! That's got to count for something, right?? 

I hope this weekend is better; the hangovers are less (PREFERABLY non-existent, please and thank you!).  
What are your weekend plans?  Are you doing relaxed BBQs or weekends away? And what will you be drinking? Any Patriotic Cocktails I should be keeping in mind? We all know I will be staying away from the Long Island...

12 little misses say...:

The City Boy said...

long island ice teas are always a killer...at least we only need one right?? haha

heading to the shore!

Pink Champagne said...

You are too cute! At least you didn't lift your skirt... and even if you had, at least it's an adorable Lilly madras shift! Happy 4th, sweetie! XO

The Expatriate said...

That is hilarious - I feel like I've had the same struggles only insert hot pocket for pizza, and this drink called Adios Mother Fu**er for Long Island .... no explanation needed.

myfwbs said...

That looks like me last night. I didn't have a Long Island Iced Tea though. I had 6 pints of beer and three White Russians. My skirt didn't get lifted either. Probably because I was wearing shorts and a polo.

Happy 4th!

Jenn said...

OMG that happened to me last weekend too.. It wasn't from a LI though.. more like we went to sushi and had wine & Saki.. and then at some point in the night we thought tequila was a good idea.. never.a.good.idea

Lexilooo said...

Someday I will post about my 22nd birthday and the LI's I drank that night...

I'm headed to NH after work! Hurrah! I'll see my darling godson, who turns FOUR on Monday! Insane!

Enjoy your weekend!

Laurie of Lulu and Daisy said...

Have a great holiday! I've been missing reading up on your blog. Where does the time go?

Tara said...

HA! I'm so glad you shared that Gilmore Girls quote, because as soon as I saw the title of this entry I knew that if you didn't...I'd have to post it in a comment :)

JennyBeth said...

Im glad Im not the only one who likes to sit on the floor after too many

Sundresses and Smiles said...

Heheeh, I love it! I eat like crazy when I'm drunk and would probably get confused over directions too!

Beth's Blog said...

I love that shift dress!

Kim of Mo'Betta said...

ahahahaha, love it! Been there, but probably didn't look as cute while doing it (love the dress) Hangovers suck. I had SkinnyGirl Margaritas, b/c I want to be, you know, a skinny girl ;) Thanks for visiting!

Post a Comment

because sharing is caring!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tweet This!