~~ Don't forget to enter my "Back to School Giveaway" which ends tonight at midnight! Lilly Pulitzer Stationery + Macies Custom Bowz Monogrammed Bow! ~~
Today, for Desperately Seeking Seersucker's White Party... I will be providing the food! I forgot to eat breakfast this morning, and am absolutely famished. So food is alllllllll I can think about. Enjoy some of these mouth-watering photos!
I just love coconut. I realize I am often alone in this, but I find the flavor to be exotic and delicious!! The coconut cupcakes pictured above look absolutely TDF, and I can't wait to try out the recipe! And by "try out the recipe" I mean "make Little Miss Dependable try out the recipe because I am useless in the baking department!!"
And if you're like me, and don't have a penchant for baking, but do love Coconut, try out the new m&m's in Limited Edition Coconut!!
I found this one on myrecipes.com - yum!
- 1 (18.25-oz.) package white cake mix with pudding
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Vegetable cooking spray
Preparation1. Beat first 6 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer just until dry ingredients are moistened. Increase speed to medium, and beat 2 minutes or until batter is smooth, stopping to scrape bowl as needed.
2. Place paper baking cups in muffin pans, and coat with cooking spray; spoon batter evenly into baking cups, filling each two-thirds full.
3. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove cupcakes from pans to wire racks, and cool 1 hour or until completely cool.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pillsbury Moist Supreme Classic White Cake Mix.
Coconut Cupcakes: Prepare Basic White Cupcakes as directed. Spread evenly with Coconut Buttercream, and sprinkle with sweetened flaked coconut.